“Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.”

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year !

This the time to set a new year's resolution ... well I can think of some of my failures in 2009 and some of my successes.
My failures :
- could not pay my car debt which was scheduled for end of the year
- could not bike all year long(car accident in November) .
- had some lazy periods when I could not be a top performer.
My successes:
- lost 23-24 kg .. I am now officially in the overweight but not obese category and it feels fine
- found a Java developer job and was promoted a team leader .


What I want for 2010 :
- pay my debt - it is so old fashion but I hate debt , being debt free is important for me and my wife
- get organized about my life (already am a lot better at this) and driven the two are interdependent no matter how much will you have you need to be organized and without will
you can't even organize. Professionally it means I should use all the 8-9 our at work(and not another hour more) to deliver working code and deal with the issues no matter how boring or incredibly hard they are.
- finally pass the SCEA certification .. this has been a work in progress since 2007 .. need to do it
- enter the master program - E-bussiness .
- loose weight - another 17kg would be nice
- bike a lot more( commute to work daily) , maybe even buy a road bike

Happy New Year Everyone !



PS : Being organized means I will definitely do a huge upgrade in March to a new computer .. can't wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment